The Most Hilarious And Timeless Sports Quotes EverBy Peter C
These are some of the funniest quotes made by sports personalities. Enjoy!
1. Back in 1976, John Mckay had to coach one of the teams regarded as the worst ever in football, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
He had this to say on a particular occasion while he was with the club:
“We didn’t tackle well today, but we made up for it by not blocking.”
2. Basketball’s great Wilt Chamberlain is hilarious on this one:
“They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they’d make up their minds.”
3. Pat Williams, who is a basketball general manager, takes a jibe at the struggles of his team:
“We can’t win at home. We can’t win on the road. As general manager, I just can’t figure out where else to play.”
4. How will this list be complete without one of Muhammad Ali’s quotes. This is from the press conference before the “Rumble in the Jungle” fight:
“I’m so mean, I make medicine sick.”
5. Popular for his inspirational talks, coach Vince Lombardi, was also a very quick-witted man who said some of the most hilarious quotes in sports.
This is one of them:
“The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
6. Art Donovan was an offensive lineman for Baltimore Colts. These days, his kind of person is referred to as “a mood.” He once said:
“I’m a light eater. As soon as it’s light, I start eating.”