10 Things You Never Knew About The FIFA World CupBy Divya G
The most-watched sporting event in the world is the FIFA World Cup. It brings together people from all over the globe and has a huge economic impact on many countries. Join us as we take a look at 10 things you never knew about this international spectacle!
1) The first-ever FIFA World Cup took place in 1930, Uruguay won.
2) The first time the cup was held in Europe was in Spain in 1982.
3) The smallest number of players on a team is eight, and the largest is 25.
4) FIFA stands for “Federation Internationale de Football Association.”
5) There are four different colors on the FIFA World Cup trophy: gold, silver, bronze, and green.
6) The longest shot ever scored at the FIFA World Cup was by David Beckham from 40 yards in 1998.
7) The youngest player to ever participate in the FIFA World Cup was Nwankwo Kanu from Nigeria, who played when he was 17.
8) The highest goals scored at the FIFA World Cup was by Brazil in 1958.
9) The highest-scoring game in the FIFA World Cup was Switzerland vs. Paraguay, with 12 goals.
10) The shortest game in the FIFA World Cup was when Brazil beat Japan by seven goals.
This article should give you a better understanding of what the FIFA World Cup is and what it means to people around the world, and why it matters so much to many people. But even if you’re not interested in soccer, I hope that you find this research on these sports interesting enough to give us your time for a good read!